A video published by the Israeli occupation army on Sunday, which it claimed documented the moment a Palestinian resistance fighter was arrested after being wounded in the city of Rafah in southern Gaza, sparked a wave of debate and widespread sympathy across social media platforms. Users expressed powerful messages reflecting pain, pride, and helplessness all at once.
The Israeli occupation army said it had killed more than 40 fighters in recent days in airstrikes and detonations targeting tunnels in the Rafah area. It also announced on Sunday that it had eliminated four fighters who, according to its claim, emerged from tunnels in the area to which it had withdrawn under the latest truce agreement.
The army added in a statement that its forces had been “operating for 40 days in the eastern Rafah region as part of efforts aimed at destroying what remains of the underground shelters”.
Different meanings
However, the video published by the occupation carried meanings for viewers very different from what was intended. It showed a wounded fighter lying on the ground, alone and surrounded by soldiers and drones, yet appearing steadfast despite the injury and pursuit. Many considered him a symbol of “the final stand”.
One user commented: “Who can watch this scene and not break? The son of Rafah fought until the last grain of resilience and patience, embracing the rubble until the moment of exhaustion, yet he was abandoned by the whole world”.
Another wrote: “Alone, wounded, and surrounded by soldiers and drones. Everyone abandoned them after they offered heroic actions rarely seen, refusing to surrender despite siege and hunger”.
Activists argued that what occurred cannot be described as an ordinary arrest, but rather a documented testimony of steadfastness, an extension of the image of the fighter who is not defeated by handcuffs but only by the extinguishing of his resolve. They stressed that the resolve of these men has not faded, and that the footage reveals a toughness forged in the fire of tunnels and the sweat of long nights underground.
Others entered a broader ethical discussion about the world’s abandonment. One activist said: “We left the finest men of the earth trapped. We remained silent over their siege just as we remain silent over a grave built beneath the earth for the purpose of tormenting and brutalising them. Everyone knows the fate that awaits elite fighters after capture”.
Many interacted with the video without being able to articulate their emotions. One user wrote: “This is my fourth attempt at writing this tweet. I wrote a lot, and when I failed to choose the words, I cursed this world in the filthiest way possible, then took it back. When I tried to express myself, my words collapsed in front of the horror of what is happening”.
The discussion expanded beyond the scene to its moral and human symbolism. One commentator said: “We take pride in the fact that they did not surrender and fought until the last breath, but we forget that all of us surrendered before our helplessness and settled for watching”.
One activist summarised the moment: “This is not an arrest. It is a testimony to their character, to a toughness forged in the fire of tunnels and the sweat of long nights underground. The world will remember that these men emerged wounded only after exhausting an entire enemy, and that they emerged after being abandoned by everyone, yet they never abandoned their land”.
Your support protects an independent platform that exists only
for the Ummah and the preservation of authentic knowledge.
Click here to Donate & Fund your Islamic Independent Platform









I actually cannot watch this video, due to the betrayal I feel for them.. How?!!! We failed tbumese beautiful people!! And now they’ll become the satanic entity’s fodder to rape, torture, humiliate and starve. What a disgusting world if pathetic leaders, edleun the Muslim world who have failed them! May Allah Subhaanhu Watallah never ever forgive these so called leaders- scum of the sea 😭😭😭😭😰